Spend the Holidays downtown
Each year Downtown Spokane adopts a holiday theme to engage locals and visitors with activities for the entire family. Participate in the spirit of the season by joining with Downtown Spokane in the presentation of the 2018 holiday theme, Elf!
- Create a costume or coloring contest.
- Add an Elf-themed entre or drink to your menu.
- Hold a sing-along, movie screening or book reading.
- Provide an interactive opportunity to create ornaments, gingerbread houses and more.
- Create a volunteer activity to celebrate the spirit of giving.
- Sell Elf-themed items.
- Decorate your business or property in the Elf theme.
The magic of the holiday season would not be complete without a trip downtown. From shopping and carolers, to lights and displays, downtown has all the sights, smells and Santas needed to create a lifetime memories.
- Santa’s Arrival at River Park Square | November 16
- Small Business Saturday | November 24
- Grand Holiday lighting kick-off in Riverfront Park | November 24
- Spokesman-Review Window Display Contest | November 24 - December 19
- Kids Holiday Scavenger Hunt | November 24 - December 16
- Wheatland Bank Horse and Carriage Rides | Weekends November 24 - Christmas Eve
- Historic Crescent Court Window Displays at the Davenport Grand Hotel | November 30 - December 31
- First Night Spokane | December 31
- Use a street or skywalk facing window. Get creative with your own design, utilize classic holiday décor or elements from the family theme to create a fantastic display for customers and visitors to enjoy.
- New in 2018! Enter The Spokesman-Review Window Display Contest.*
Painting is an easy way to showcase skywalks and storefronts. Do it yourself or hire a professional. Downtown Spokane will coordinate skywalk painting for 2018.
- Make the holidays more enjoyable with an explosion of lights, creating a destination for families, shoppers and more.
- Change your external building lights to festive colors.
- Cover your exterior with lights and create a dancing light show.
- Make your trees twinkle by wrapping them with lights
When the holidays are in full swing there will be many reasons for families, shoppers, diners and more to experience downtown. See below for the opportunities available to tell your holiday story.
Inlander Downtown Holiday Magazine
The 2018 holiday season promises special events, outstanding nightlife, memorable dining experiences and great shopping. The DSP/BID and The Inlander have teamed up to create THE definitive guide for the season, promoting everything downtown offers for the holidays. Ratepayer/Member pricing available. Contact your Inlander representative or Kristi Gotzian at 509.325.0634 for more info and reservations. Limited space available. First come, first serve basis.
November 22, “Giving Back” publication; December 2, “Platinum” publication; December 9, “Spokesman-Review 135th Anniversary” publication. Contact your Spokesman-Review representative for more info and reservations at 509.459.5095.
Spokane Journal of Business
“Market Place” featured in December issues. $125 for a business card size, one-unit ad. Rate drops with frequency. Contact Jennifer Zurlini for details at 509.344.1279 or email@example.com