Accessible arts serves as a cornerstone for a healthy city and region and is a catalyst for economic development that adds to the overall vitality of a downtown. Placemaking with art can encourage greater connectivity, accessibility, economic opportunity, and community pride.
- Creates a well-programmed activity center in downtown through community gatherings, music, and cultural events;
- Strengthens the downtown's public art presence;
- Promotes a location's historical value;
- Integrates with design elements such as transit stops and shelters, railings, benches, bike racks and wayfinding;
- Adds to local property values;
- Increases overall safety;
- Inspires continued growth by building on place, pride, and community; and
- Provide a new draw for customers to support local businesses.