To help local businesses take full advantage of the influx of visitors to the downtown core, Downtown Spokane staff work closely with event planners and whenever possible will collaborate to create promotions that allow events to directly integrate with downtown retail, dining and nightlife.
There are a variety of opportunities to support your favorite spring event while attracting new customers. Decorate your storefront, display event posters, sign-up to be a vendor, become a sponsor, sell themed merchandise and more.
- Window painting is an easy way spruce up storefronts. Do it yourself or hire a professional.
- Use a street or walkway facing window to celebrate lilacs, runners, basketball, art, bikes and more.
- Change external lights to festive colors.
- For inspiration, visit the Spring in Spokane Pinterest Board
- Become an official vendor or sponsor.
- Create a costume or coloring contest.
- Add an event-themed entree or drink to your menu.
- Provide an interactive opportunity.
- Provide discounts to event participants.
- 22 - 26 | Downtown Spring Clean Week
- 22 | Earth Day
- 22 - 28 | Get Lit! Literary Arts Festival
- 28 | Every Woman Can Pink Ribbon Run
- 4 | Bloomsday Marmot March
- 5 | Bloomsday
- 11 | Junior Lilac Parade
- 11 | Family Fun Fair
- 11 - 18 | Craft Beer Week
- 13 - 17 | Bike to Work/Bike Everywhere Week
- 18 | Spokane Brewers Festival
- 18 | Spokane Lilac Festival Armed Forces Torchlight Parade
- 19 | Windermere Marathon
- Fridays | Wheatland Bank Horse and Carriage Rides
Fridays | Food Truck Friday
- May 31 & June 1 | Inlander’s Volume Music Festival
- May 31 - June 2 | Artfest
- 1 & 2 | Lilac City Comicon
- 7 | Festival of Speed Downtown Car Show
- 8 | Out Spokane Pride Parade and Festival
- 10 - 14 | Street Music Week
- 21 | Summer Solstice Street Yoga
- 22 | Bazaar presented by Terrain
- 28 - 30 | Hoopfest, Earth’s Largest 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament