Across the country Small Business Saturday is celebrated on the Saturday after Thanksgiving as a way to encourage support of small, local businesses. In 2010 American Express launched Small Business Saturday, and in 2011 it became a day officially recognized by the US Senate. By 2013 more than 1,450 Neighborhood Champions signed up to rally their communities, and last year shoppers supported their neighborhood businesses like never before with more than $14.3 billion spent at small, independent businesses – in just one day!
This year Small Business Saturday happens on November 28 and Greater Spokane Incorporated (GSI) has volunteered to be Spokane County’s Neighborhood Champion. GSI is working with media partners and elected officials to raise awareness for Small Business Saturday throughout the community, and we hope downtown businesses will make the most of this great opportunity!
Here’s how your small business can get involved:
Visit facebook.com/greaterspokane and click "Like."
- One small business each day, for 30 days leading up to Small Business Saturday, will be featured on the page.
- #ShopSmall cover photos are available under the Small Business Saturday photo album.
Visit the American Express ShopSmall.com page and PROMOTE your business to GET STARTED!
- DOWNLOAD FREE MARKETING MATERIALS – Printable signage, Email templates and Social Media posts.
- GET SHOWCASED – Free online ad placement & listing on ShopSmall.com.
- ORDER FREE MERCHANDISE – Attract customers to your event with complementary tote bags, buttons, balloons and pennants.
If you have any questions, please contact GSI Small Business Programs & Services Manager, Heather Hamlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.321.3624.