Are you looking for a place to make an impact? The Downtown Spokane Partnership is seeking a dynamic and dedicated professional to lead our team!
Who We Are!
The Downtown Spokane Partnership (DSP) is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, safe, vital, livable and sustainable downtown as the basis of an economically healthy region. From providing support for development and expansion, to promoting events, activities and business, to making streets and sidewalks safe and beautiful, Downtown Spokane Partnership is here to celebrate our city. We support small businesses, entrepreneurs, developers, event planners and Spokane advocates, DSP is developing programs and tools to help our region succeed!
Where You Get to Live!
Spokane is located in the heart of the Inland Northwest and is the second most populous city in Washington. The Spokane River runs through the city and beautiful Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane. An array of enjoyable outdoor activities are right out our back door; including ski resorts, white-water rafting, camping areas, hiking trails, lakes, and the Centennial trail. Learn more about our region at: www.visitspokane.com.
Spokane has been selected as an All-America City three times in the past 41 years, including in 2015 when it was one of 10 honored throughout the country. The city hosts many great community events, festivals and gatherings, and is home to the Lilac Bloomsday Run, the largest timed road race in the nation, and the largest three-on-three basketball tournament, Hoopfest.
What You Get to Do!
As the CEO & President this role will direct the policy, program development, financial management, marketing, staff management, advocacy, operations and community relations for the organization. You will serve as the primary liaison among downtown businesses and property owners, the City of Spokane, the Business Improvement District Ratepayer Advisory Board, Downtown Spokane Partnership Board of Directors and other community partners/agencies. Working closely with the Boards, implement the strategic initiatives outlined within the Downtown Plan and encapsulated within the annual BID and DSP work plans. The CEO serves as primary spokesperson for the organizations.
- What You Will Need:
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Public Administration, Urban Planning, Business, or related field.
5 years of downtown management experience, and/or leadership experience with an economic development-oriented organization of similar size.
- 10 years of experience managing the administration of financial systems, staff resources, contract negotiations, community leadership, and policy administration.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to execute appropriate marketing strategies for advertising, public relations and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, develop, inspire and retain staff, board members and volunteers.
- Skilled consensus-builder; demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include public speaking.
- Knowledge of the broader concept of the Partnership organizational model, including a management organization, development entity, charitable entities and a Business Improvement District.
- Familiarity with growing Downtown urban environments, including maintenance, crime, homelessness, addiction, mental illness, parking and economic development programs.
- Understanding of local government operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of the formation, development and maintenance of contemporary, effective public-private-partnership models.
- Experience working with local media as a primary spokesperson for an organization.
- Passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
For confidential consideration please submit resume and cover letter to Karen Turner at email@example.com.
The Downtown Spokane Partnership is committed to complying with State and Federal laws in regards to fair employment practices, which provide equal opportunity in employment to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, veteran status, or disability.