SAM is available to artists and crafters who are selling original works created by the applying artist. Multi-level sales and franchise sellers will not be considered for participation. Examples of acceptable handmade and original wares:
- Digital Art
- Metal Works
- Fiber arts
Space is limited to 10 booths per Sunday. Interested artists and artisans should complete the online form, and provide photos of the intended product. If approved you will receive an email with your approved date(s) and instructions. Applicants will be reviewed and approved on a first come first served basis.
We consider the following:
- Quality of work.
- Are there similar artists already participating?
- Strength of reputation. Does your participation encourage other artists to participate? Do you have a following?
Downtown Spokane is tasked with creating an open and vibrant place in the downtown core. Art and the enjoyment of art is essential in showcasing creativity and diversity of community.
This event is designed to:
- Create a positive image of Downtown Spokane, and enhance the community at large;
- Support local artists and craftspeople; and
- Expose adults and children to a wide array of fine art, hand-made crafts, and engaging art education opportunities.
While selling of items is encouraged the primary goal of Art Mart is to showcase artists at work and build collaboration among local artists and crafters. It is preferred that whenever possible participants be creating throughout the event and engage with fellow exhibiters and visitors.
In its first year, Downtown Spokane cannot guarantee attendance or sales. This is a pilot program to determine the need and interest for this type of offering.
There is no cost to participate in 2019, however, with anticipated future growth, there may be a small fee to participate. In the future, preference will be given to those who participate in the pilot program.
Limited power is available on site. Please note any power needs in your application.
- The location of SAM is a public space open to the entire community. Downtown Spokane reserves the right to remove an artist displaying items which may be sensitive in nature and not appropriate for younger audiences.
- Downtown Spokane will provide a 10’ x 10’ tent space, chair, and promotion. Participating artists must bring their own tables, easels or displays.
- Participants must come prepared with a reasonable number of items to be made available for sale OR the intention of creating on demand.
- Each artist is responsible for their own sales and should come prepared with a mobile point of sale processor or appropriate cash change.
- Those who live and work in Washington State who gross over $12,000 a year from art-making activities or generate income from the retail sale of their art must obtain a business license from the state. If you are selling art as a business, you must have a business license through the City of Spokane. Exhibitors falling into either of these categories must provide Downtown Spokane with business license numbers.
- Set-up should be complete by 11:45am and tear down should not happen before 4:00pm.
- Downtown Spokane will not be responsible for any damage or loss of Art Work.
- Artists are expected to stay with their booth during the duration of the event. Downtown Spokane will have staff on hand to watch your booth for a duration not to exceed fifteen minutes.
- Parking is prohibited on Wall Street during the event. On-street parking is free in downtown Spokane on Sundays. Exhibitors are responsible for their own parking.
- Cancellations should happen by noon the previous day (12:00pm Saturday). Late cancellations and no-shows without reasonable cause will be banned from future participation in the Sunday Art Mart.
If you have any questions please call Downtown Spokane at 509.456.0580 X-102 or email email@example.com.