The Lilac Bloomsday Run, also known as Bloomsday, is an annual timed 12K road race in Spokane, Washington, held on the first Sunday in May since 1977.
The 45th running of Bloomsday – – dubbed “Bloomsday Worldwide” for its surprise global popularity in 2020 – – kicks-off registration on January 1, 2021. The entry fee will remain the same low price of just under $25 and the always celebrated finisher shirt will be mailed to finishers. Bloomsday entrants will be able to complete their 12k run or walk from Friday, April 30 through Sunday, May 9th.
To sign up for Bloomsday, go to www.bloomsdayrun.org. Registration will be exclusively online in 2021.
Entrants signing up for Bloomsday 2021 will receive a $10 off coupon from Safeway | Albertson’s grocery stores and also a $10 off coupon from ACE Hardware stores.
For the 2021 virtual format, Bloomsday race officials have again prioritized the most time-honored traditions: the finisher shirt, race bib, the opportunity to run Bloomsday on the first Sunday in May, and the always popular finisher postcard.
Here are some of the great features for Bloomsday 2021:
- Entry fee of $24.49 and includes $10 Safeway | Albertson’s grocery coupon and $10 ACE Hardware coupon.
- Personalized race bib. Register by March 13, 2021 and your name will be printed on your souvenir race number. See this year’s design at bloomsdayrun.org
- Souvenir medal and shirts are available for purchase during the registration process with designs from local artists – Emerald Rose Dumas, Chris Bovey, Steve Kutsch, Donna Lange, Tom Plumb, and John Mujica.
Bloomsday Worldwide will work like this:
- Runners or walkers sign up for the race on the Bloomsday website. The special edition race bib and $10 coupons will be mailed to entrants in early April.
- Between Friday, April 30th and Sunday, May 9th participants run or walk any 12km (7.46 Mile) course of their choosing. The course can be anywhere in Spokane or around the world!
- Upon finishing their 12K, finishers report their time on the Bloomsday Results Portal on the Bloomsday website. The portal will open on April 30th.
- In approximately late May, the official finisher shirt and postcard is mailed to all finishers.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Inland Northwest will again be the official charity partner of Bloomsday 2021.
Bloomsday also wishes to thank its Major Sponsors, whose commitment over the years has allowed Bloomsday to remain as Spokane’s beloved community event: Washington Trust Bank, Premera Blue Cross, Providence Health Care, Franz, Inlander, Fleet Feet Spokane, Brooks, Washington State Potato Commission, Safeway, Albertsons, Gee Buick GMC, Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists, Davenport Hotels, TDS Fiber, Itron, and Spokane Tribe Casino.