Spend the Holidays downtown
Each year Downtown Spokane adopts a holiday theme to engage locals and visitors with activities for the entire family. Participate in the spirit of the season by joining with Downtown Spokane in the presentation of the 2019 holiday theme, The Nutcracker.
- Create a costume or coloring contest.
- Add a Nutcracker-themed entre or drink to your menu.
- Hold a sing-along, movie screening or book reading.
- Provide an interactive opportunity to create ornaments, gingerbread houses and more.
- Create a volunteer activity to celebrate the spirit of giving.
- Sell Nutcracker-themed items.
- Decorate your business or property in the Nutcracker theme.
The magic of the holiday season would not be complete without a trip downtown. From shopping and carolers, to lights and displays, downtown has all the sights, smells and Santas needed to create a lifetime memories.
- Santa’s Arrival at River Park Square | November 23
- Numerica Grand Tree Lighting in Riverfront Park | November 23
- Small Business Saturday | November 30
- Spokesman-Review Window Display Contest | November 30 - December 20
- Kids Holiday Scavenger Hunt | November 30 - December 18
- Wheatland Bank Horse and Carriage Rides | Weekends November 29 - Christmas Eve
- Historic Crescent Court Window Displays at the Davenport Grand Hotel | November 30 - January 5
- Use a street or skywalk facing window. Get creative with your own design, utilize classic holiday décor or elements from the family theme to create a fantastic display for customers and visitors to enjoy.
Painting is an easy way to showcase skywalks and storefronts. Do it yourself or hire a professional.
- Make the holidays more enjoyable with an explosion of lights, creating a destination for families, shoppers and more.
When the holidays are in full swing there will be many reasons for families, shoppers, diners and more to experience downtown. See below for the opportunities available to tell your holiday story.
The Official Spokane Holiday Magazine
The 2019 holiday season promises special events, outstanding nightlife, memorable dining experiences and great shopping. The DSP/BID, Visit Spokane and The Inlander have teamed up to create THE definitive guide for the season, promoting everything downtown offers for the holidays. Ratepayer/Member pricing available. Contact your Inlander representative or Kristi Gotzian at 509.325.0634 for more info and reservations. Limited space available.
Nov 28th | Thanksgiving Paper Black Friday Shopping Package
Nov 28th | Spokesman-Review Christmas Fund Kick-off
Dec 22nd | Christmas Puzzle Book
Contact your Spokesman-Review representative for more info and reservations at 509.459.5095.
Spokane Journal of Business
“Holiday Gift Guide,” November 21 and December 5 in the Marketplace section. Business card sized for $110 in full color. Add units together to make a larger ad. Deadline Nov. 14, and Nov. 28. Contact Jennifer Zurlini at (509) 344-1279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.