The Sunday Art Mart is available to artists and crafters who are selling original works created by the applying artist. Multi-level sales and franchise sellers will not be considered for participation. Examples of acceptable handmade and original wares: Painting, Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing, Glass, Metal Works, Photography, Sculpture, Wood, Jewelry, Fiber arts.
Space is limited to up to 10 artist booths per Sunday, one musician, and two food vendors. Interested artists and artisans should complete the online WSVR form and sign-up for selected dates. Applicants will be reviewed and approved on a first come first served basis. A stipend of $250, plus tips, is available to approved musicians.
Sunday Art Mart Sign-Up
We consider the following: Quality of work, Are there similar artists already participating? Strength of reputation. Does your participation encourage other artists to participate? Do you have a following?
- While selling of items is encouraged the primary goal of Art Mart is to showcase local and emerging artists and build collaboration among local artists and crafters. It is preferred that whenever possible participants be creating throughout the event and engage with fellow exhibiters and visitors.
- Downtown Spokane cannot guarantee attendance or sales.
- Limited power is available on site. Please note any power needs in your application.
- The location of SAM is a public space open to the entire community. Downtown Spokane reserves the right to remove an artist displaying items which may be sensitive in nature and not appropriate for younger audiences.
- Downtown Spokane will provide a 10’ x 10’ space, and promotion. Participating artists must bring their own tables, tents, easels or displays.
- Participants must come prepared with a reasonable number of items to be made available for sale OR the intention of creating on demand.
- Each artist is responsible for their own sales and should come prepared with a mobile point of sale processor or appropriate cash change.
- Those who live and work in Washington State who gross over $12,000 a year from art-making activities or generate income from the retail sale of their art must obtain a business license from the state. If you are selling art as a business, you must have a business license through the City of Spokane. Exhibitors falling into either of these categories must provide Downtown Spokane with business license numbers.
- Set-up should be complete by 11:30am and tear down should not happen before 4:00pm.
- Downtown Spokane will not be responsible for any damage or loss of Art Work or property.
- Artists are expected to stay with their booth during the duration of the event. Downtown Spokane will have staff on hand to watch your booth for a duration not to exceed fifteen minutes.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own parking.
- Communication regarding any cancellation should occur by noon the preceding Friday (12:00pm). Late cancellations and no-shows without reasonable cause will forfeit their $25 deposit and may be prohibited from future participation in the Sunday Art Mart.