Volunteer opportunities vary. Some are re-occurring, some are individual-day events, and others are a part of a larger community celebration.
We've detailed a few events here and all volunteer activities will be listed as an event below. To sign-up to participate please complete the online form and a representative from downtown will be in contact.
Spring Clean Week
Downtown Spokane is looking for teams to volunteer cleaning up emphasis areas in downtown during Spring Clean Week, an annual event with the goal of spreading the word that downtown is for everyone, and we should all take part in making it beautiful.
Register as an individual or team to participate in a daily emphasis volunteer activity cleaning up downtown between 11:30am and 1:30pm April 19 through 23. Supplies and assignments will be available at the downtown Spokane office at 10 N Post #400.
Spring Clean Week is presented with support from Republic Services.
- Monday: Clean up Sidewalk Litter
- Tuesday: Clean up parking lots and paint over graffiti
- Wednesday: Help clean-up downtown alleys
- Thursday: Get sidewalk planters ready for spring planting and clear out other green spaces.
- Friday: Help assemble and decorate items for downtown alley event spaces. Teams encouraged, lunch included.
Help plant 150+ sidewalk planters in the downtown core as a team or individual. Number of planters in planting zones vary. First come first served.
- May 12, Noon: Volunteers needed 4, Monroe Street, Mallon
- May 18, 1:00pm: Volunteers needed 8, Riverside and 1st Ave
- May 19, Noon: Volunteers needed 14, Main Ave, Riverside Ave, Sprague Ave, Wall Street, Howard Street
First Friday Hospitality Team
- When: The Tuesday immediately prior to First Friday.
- Where: Participating First Friday Venues
- What: Deliver First Friday walking guides and posters to participating venues. Check in and make sure that venues needs are met and network among local art supporters.
Volunteers should have an interest in art, be available mid-afternoon and have the ability to walk for longer distances around downtown Spokane.
Crescent Window Display Refurbishment
- When: Saturday / Sundays in September and October
- Where: To be determined
- What: Help bring the tradition of holidays displays back to life in downtown Spokane! The Crescent Window Displays returned for the 2018 holiday season and a whole new set of found figurines need to be prepared to delight families again in 2019.
Volunteers needed: If you have experience working with small motors, backdrops, set design or with fabrics and costuming, please indicate an interest in volunteering to refurbish displays. A downtown representative will reach out with specific tasks.